Follow me

Follow Us

Tuesday 4 August 2009

I'm Coming Home

       So it’s been 5 ½ months since I left and hell yeah it went by fast.  Still not quite sure what exactly I’ve taken away from it yet, I think I may realize it more over the next couple months while I’m home.  Despite all the ups and downs and the negative bank accounts,
I’d do it all again the exact same way, especially the last 5 weeks.  Not saying the first 4 months weren’t good; Robbie & Amy thanks for the help at the start and showing me a bit of Scotland; still have to do my Highlands tour.  Matthew & Ceri, Vince and Alan, thank you for the two crazy weekends and all the help provided; still have to do a weekend rafting.  As for London, can’t say it’s high on the list of favourite places, but Claudia, Anna, Jason, Lucas and the kids at 17c and all the crazy bastards at IPG, you guys made it fun and worthwhile.

      Now as far as the last 5 weeks go, I’ve said most of it in my posts along the way and I can’t think of how to describe it other than, “Let’s do that again!”  Thankfully I won that trip otherwise it would have never happened.  I know many of you hate me right now, but if I didn’t win it none of you would have had the pleasure of my company lol, but more importantly I wouldn’t have met any of you.  On that note I know I’ll see some of you again.  Some back on the Big Blue Bus in October, some when I make my way to Australia, some when I rejoin the IPG team and the others… who knows, it’s crazy how small the world becomes when you finally decide to explore it.  You guys know you’re always welcome at my place if you ever find yourself lost with a hockey stick in your hand.  For those I may never see again, flick on the TV every once in a while and sooner or later you’ll find me.

       Now for my final thought that’s meant to inspire everyone… “Yeah right, like hell that’ll happen.”  All I know is that one main reason I did this was because I was really confused, about what?  Still not sure and I’m returning just as confused, but in a way that I can be happy about, also I’m still trying to avoid growing up.  For this I thank everyone I met along the way that helped, I wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment