Follow me

Follow Us

Friday 29 June 2012

Day 2 of the Lunchbox Shuttle to Vancouver

Well believe it or not we were awake on time but somehow still got off to a slow start. The first bad sign was when I broke the elevator. I don't fully believe it was my fault but since I did push the button to take us to the wrong floor I guess I must shoulder some of the blame. I've never seriously considered the idea of
being stuck in an elevator until that moment; I quickly realised that I am not a person you want to be trapped in an elevator with. I instantly surveyed the situation and noted the things I would hate if I didn't get out soon: the hot stuffy air, Sherwin's bike, the heavy panting man "oh yes, he'll be the first thing to go". But before I needed to express my thoughts we pried our way out. This was just a taste of the delay to come.

About an hour into our drive we came to a dead stop. After waiting and waiting we finally learned that there was an accident the night before that still had the highway closed, "Really we've been listening to the F'n radio all damn morning and all the keep mentioning is the hockey game, the Jays win and the weather, what the hell ever happened to giving a damn traffic report you morons, especially when it blocks the only highway connecting you to civilisation" that my excerpt from my rant. Here's a clip from Sherwin's, "What the hell is this stupid fat bitch doing walking down the middle of the highway? Nooo, did she really just put her hand up and tell me stop?...." 

After we cooled down we back tracked and took the 2.5 hr detour through a forgotten nook of northern Ontario. Trying to look at the bright side we figured we would at least get to see some nice scenery and wildlife.... We saw a rabbit and a friendly old man sitting in a lawn chair waving to the cars that passed by. That day would be a busy one for him, he might reached double digits for the first time since people stopped using it as a canoe route.

Shortly after Sault Ste. Marie I finally took my turn at the wheel and conquered what we call a standard vehicle. I know what most of you are wondering: How many times did I stall? Well guess what you jack asses I call friends. I only stalled once and it was because I got excited from seeing a MOOSE!!!!! That's right kids we saw a baby moose that was still as big as our car, we also saw two baby black bears. So we finally got to see some wild life and as we rounded Lake Superior we were rewarded with some beautiful scenery before arriving in Thunder Bay. Finally back on track we settled for the night at the cozy Kakabeka Falls Inn. I know most of you are wondering where the heck that is, so here's my challenge to you. The first person to tell me where it is gets a secret prize when I get back.

Well that does it for day 2, stayed tuned as we attempt to break the boundary of Ontario on day 3.

S&S Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment