Follow me

Follow Us

Friday 23 October 2009

Amster - DAMN

So after surviving Okoberfest I was off to Bruges for a couple days where our little travel family from June re-united. We thought these couple days would be a bit of a rest period before Amsterdam… I was wrong. We found a bar with over 300 different types of beer

(Blackman, it had a glass for every beer, we'll need to make a few trips so you can steal them all), so I decided I was going to try as many of them as possible. Sadly I only made it through eight. In my defense, I didn’t realize until afterwards that the beers I had been drinking were all between 9 and 12 percent, it explains why the night seemed to fast forward itself.

**After discovering that I thought of a great drinking game. A whole bunch of us go there, get the menu and collectively drink every beer. If you're lucky you get some beers that are 4%, if you aren't you get beers that are 12%... luck of the draw.

Drinking Team:
Myself
Bman
Johhny Marc
Pisan
Junes
Brandi
Woodzy
Monty
Blackman
Mikey
Russo
Barker
Fieldy
Krawec
Bench warmer: Justine

Tutty, Rach and Zack... you three can be the cheer squad!!!!

Honourable mention: Sherwin... you better earn it, no vodka water bar lime

Apart from shinanagans, I did manage to explore Bruges a bit. I checked out the bell tower; the best part is once you get to the top for the great view, you get to go back down the 300 something winding stairs, (one for every beer).

Amsterdam:

??????????????????????????????????????... that was the first night. I had some space cakes and learned that I don’t like being inside or sitting still, unless I’m in bed… so that’s what I did. This is definitely one of the kewlest cities I’ve been to. Just the design of it with the canals, the atmosphere and constant threat of being run over by a bike. This is one place I would never dare ride a bike, it’s simple, I would die and probably take some unfortunate local with me into the canal. In these few days we also managed to take a day trip out of the city, which is something I definitely recommend if the chance is there. It was also one of our friend’s birthdays and she unknowingly had some special ingredients added to her desert, she wasn’t thrilled, but seemed to enjoy later on, right Becks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment