Follow me

Follow Us

Friday 23 October 2009

The Last Leg

So as promised this past week was ridiculous. I know I left Berlin as a bit of a cliffhanger but to be honest that was just to keep you reading. Berlin included some kewl sight seeing, Inglorious Basterds (sic movie by the way) and a pub crawl that left me drunk off 1 euro Jager shots and in
a fight with a mid-thirties Indian dude… yeah, it was fun. Knowing Berlin was going to be a bit of a let down for those following my adventures I felt I had to make up for it in Prague, Cesky Krumov and Vienna.

Prague:
This is a damn kewl city. Planned to stay for only 3 days, ended up being there for 5. Hit up some sic bars, did a really good walking tour… Sorry, I know you don’t want to hear about the boring itinerary, so I’ll get the stupid things I did. The 3 guys I was sharing a room with we made a pact that we wouldn’t leave anyone behind and find our way back to the hostel, unless we picked up. So, second night there we did the pub crawl (surprised, of course not) which started with THE HOUR OF POWER (which actually lasts 1.5 hrs) and this was a damn good crawl. By the end we were all over the place and I was improving my French with two girls I met, one guy had a cute Czech girl under his arm and the other 2 had disappeared. Looks like a good night, yeah… not at all. 4am: the 2 girls say good night and head to their hostels because their boyfriends are pissed at them. The guys in my room ????? (I found out later their luck wasn’t any better). So now I’m standing alone in the town square and have to find my way home. I don’t know why, but when God created me in his image he must have thought it’d be really funny to install a broken compass in my brain… he got a really good laugh that night. I got on the tram at 4:19, and unintentionally went on an early morning tour of the city in every possible direction but the right one. By the time I found the hostel I had been on 4 different trams (one of which I had to chase down the road) and walked countless blocks. I finally went to bed at 6:45am… To my disappointment all the guys were there; we’ll just have to do better on the next one. Second pub crawl: much better, we even got in a huge fight with 2 cabbies because they tried to charge 800 Krone per cab, F that, we gave them 800 for both. It was hilarious because they’re yelling at us in Czech and my friends were yelling at them in English and my laughing just encouraged it. We finally understood each other at the end when we all said good night with the middle finger. Isn’t sign language great, it’s completely universal.

Cesky was much of the same fun, minus angry cabbies. Beautiful little medieval town though, highly recommend a visit and Hostel 99 was like a big camping cabin with a party happening all the time. Vienna: Was only there one night, but wow, what a way to end my travels. First went to Centimeters and ordered The Wheelbarrow. It is literally a miniature wheelbarrow full of schnitzel, pork, 3 types of pasta and salads. Then it was off to The Travelbar………………………. It was ridiculous fun and after introducing some new shots to the bartenders they took it upon themselves to make sure I couldn’t see straight when I left… and I couldn’t. They would be proud to know that I didn’t make it to my room. I walked in the hostel laid down on the couch in the lounge and went to sleep; the first floor was just too many stairs away… until the cleaning lady woke me up and showed me to my room, what a nice lady… too bad she couldn’t have woken me up to catch my bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment