Follow me

Follow Us

Thursday 23 April 2009

Egypt


  After only 1.5 hrs of sleep over roughly 30 hrs I was in Cairo and exhausted.  On the up side, I'm done with my horrendous pub job and have 10 days off until I start my new job doing paintball promotions.  Egypt held a lot of firsts for me.  It was the first time I've stared a day in cold miserable weather and a few hours later land in hot sunny weather... loved it.  It's the first time I've been somewhere that doesn't speak english.  Obviously the people we were dealing with through the trip could speak perfectly good english, however once venturing into the city on our own it became far more interesting.  Not only is it a different language but a different alphabet, so it's impossible to even attempt to read or pronounce the language.  Finally, being stared and gawked at the entire time was an interesting experience.  At times you would get very dirty looks and was clear you were being talked about and probably made fun of.  But the majority of the time the expressions were of interest, surprise and even excitement, especially in Alexandria.

No comments:

Post a Comment