Follow me

Follow Us

Saturday 4 April 2009

Last Friday

Okay, so I'm sure those who have been following my stories or at least just read the last one are probably a bit curious how last Friday went.  So here it is, and this isn't an April Fool's joke.

So there's two bars down this alley in Soho, one is at the end which is a pub, "This place looks good, pretty busy and some good looking girls out front."  Waiting in line it turns the corner and suddenly we're at the entrance to G.A.Y.  "You gotta be kidding me."  So me and my buddy Lucas decide to stick around for a couple drinks with some friends from the hostel.
So we get inside and yeah, that was something different to see.  I had an idea of what to expect but was still very surprised as to how "open" it was.  You'd think it'd be like any other bar, an even number of guys and girls.  Not a chance, the percentage was more like 85 - 15, "Great, so now I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys making out and a small group  girls standing in a circle looking like a human version of stonehenge."  So needless to say I didn't really fit in.  But we have a couple pints and hang out when I get a text reading - Hello, Grandma here, I'd like my knickers back you heathen!!! - "What the hell does that mean and who sent this?"  Thinking this is a joke I'm about to text back asking who it is when I get another text reading - I like totally like cereal... Wanna eat some with me? ps. you're paying... - Now I don't quite know exactly what that means but I know I won't like it judging from where I am.  I look up at the TV which reads - Hot Canadian new to town... keens? (followed by my number) - My friends had put up this message on a text dating service the bar has, on my behalf.  Thanks guys.  Fair enough, if I was in their position I would have done the same.  Everyone got a good laugh and I got a bunch of dirty creepy messages that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment