Follow me

Follow Us

Monday 22 June 2009

Lauterbrunnen

Seeing the scenery on the bus ride was enough to make me questioned why I never considered Switzerland as a stop.  Easily the most amazing landscape I’ve seen.  To see where the mountains meet the sky and see everything around it dwarfed by it’s magnitude is something
that must be seen, hence the reason I didn’t take pictures of some of the best scenery because no picture or words can do it justice, so I’ve kept those images for myself.

     On the bus I met Dave from Melbourne, Tom – NZ, Becky (briefly in Paris) – NZ and then picked up the rest of our entourage in Bern: Grant & Grisha – Australia, Briege & Elizabeth – Australia and Dan (also met briefly in Paris) – USA.  That night we all had some dinner at the campground restaurant then got to know each other while getting drunk at the pub.



     Next day Dave, Becky and I did some white water rafting through the Alps. At one point we got to jump out and just cruise alongside the raft then came to a point where two rivers of different colours met.  But the best part was the end when you suddenly emerged from the mouth of the ricer into the lake at the bottom of a valley and are surrounded by walls of white tipped mountains in 360 degrees. That night we simply relaxed in front of our cabin chatting and quickly had many Contiki passer bys join us on their way to and from the pub. 


     Our last day there we all went for a hike to Trummelbachen which takes you inside the Alps to see interior waterfalls, rivers and pools.  Also on our hike we got to witness gay and lesbian cows and Grisha found out how a tiny rope can keep the cows on the farm; because it’s electric, this was quite amusing for the rest of us.  That night we found cheap wine & beer and just had a small cabin party to which we all got really and they got see my level of drunkenness measured by how loud I get.  The next morning I wake up to Dave yelling, “We have 20 minutes to catch the bus”  But being drunk geniuses the night before, everything was already packed.  That morning we parted ways: Dave & Elizabeth to Nice, Grant & Grisha to Lake Como and Briege, Becky, Dan & I to Lucerne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment