Follow me

Follow Us

Saturday 27 June 2009

Venice

     First night in Venice they tell us we’re lucky cuz we’ve arrived for the toga party, “I know what this means”  Next day we find out that they do toga parties every other night for Topdeck, “About as predictable as their tours”  For our first day we went into Venice and wandered around aimlessly until we found all the kewl things you’re supposed to see, “Finally a place where a map is just as useless to everyone else as it is to me”  Venice is a great place to get lost in and
explore the little shops, markets and admire the intricate architecture.  However, once you’ve done it it’s kind of boring.  That night we had pizza for the 2nd in a row,  then just relaxed and played some pool.

     Day 3 we decided we’d go back to Venice to see it at night.  But for now, time to chill out by the pool, and that we did long enough to lose “Tim the Whinger” (an annoying guy who bitched about everything).  He went into town and Becks and I kinda missed the bus, “Oh well so we don’t get to see Venice at night.”  Had some more pizza and our free beer and cheap wine then played a game of beach soccer where Dan and I showed the Aussie and UK kids that North America can play as well, “Some of them were legitimately surprised that we even knew what we were doing.”  Now for toga part 2, why?...  “Cuz we’re a bit tipsy and the pool is closed, probably for the best.”  That night ended with me lending my cabin to a friend and me crashing at a friend's cabin and because I had no form of alarm I woke up to the sun beaming in my eyes completely unaware of the time.  I look out the window and can still see the bus, “Phew”  I grab my toga sheet and walk outside to see the bus leaving, “Shit”  So now I walk back to my cabin in my boxers and a bedsheet, “Sounds like a good name for an album… Boxers and a Bedsheet”… oh well.

     So with an extra couple days we continued to chill out by the pool and relax, “It was kind of like a vacation from traveling, haha never thought I’d say that, how many of you must hate me right now lol.”  On the other hand we did finally make it into Venice at night and… boring.  It was a nice to see but as I said before there just isn’t much to do.  We had one last fun night there but 3 toga parties in 5 nights was a bit much so we had our own little shindig sing along and brought the party to us.  After some dramatics with some frat boy Melbourne kids a few of us crashed in Kim’s tent which we found out wasn’t water proof.  The next morning I did make the bus and left our Venice family behind.  Overall, Venice is an interesting place to see for a day but is actually quite a boring city.  Plus side to me missing the bus is Becks and I have a few more travel days together, lost the annoying Tim and picked up a kewl Aussie Tim and Gaving who’s also from Australia but works in Banff.  So there’s our Rome Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment