Follow me

Follow Us

Monday 22 June 2009

Lucerne

There wasn’t tons of stuff to do here but I figured I’d stop here for a couple days since Lauterbrunnen didn’t offer much a Swiss culture.  Again the scenery here was fantastic and seemed very small, maybe that’s just because of the mountains though.  For the two days we spent here we checked out Lucerne’s famous towers and bridges dating back to 1333 and the Lion Monument carved into the side of a mountain.  It was built in recognition of Swiss mercenaries that had died.  Briege, Becky and I also saw Angels & Demons.  Good film and even that was interesting; had an intermission and the seats lean back and get lower the further from the screen they are.  There’s not much to say about Lucerne except that it was nice to see and experience a bit of Swiss culture including rosti, fondue and some beer of course.  I was a nice quiet break before spending the weekend in Munich.

No comments:

Post a Comment