Follow me

Follow Us

Saturday 11 July 2009

Madrid

My time in Madrid was a bit scattered.  First we met up with the 2 Kiwi girls, Linda and Andie, who we’ve randomly seen in the last couple cities.  Here we also added another Aussie: Mark.  Since we arrived so late that day we grabbed some dinner at a tiny nearby restaurant, “Finally some good value for your money, only the third meal that I haven’t been able to finish.”

     Day 2 the girls did a bike tour and Mark and I did a tapas tour which was well spent afternoon for only 8 euros.  That night  we met up with the girls again for a Flamenco show, which I kept calling Flamingo, “Now  in all the pics/albums you girls put up you're calling it Flamingo, so now you’ve confused me, but nothing google can’t help my with, I’ll get back to you on that.”  The show was a bit expensive but fully worth it, one of the better things I’ve done.  Just watching it makes you wish that you could it, but at the same time inspires you to perfect your own art, “Can’t wait to get back to my music and film, it’s killing me.”  Also, over these few days we’ve furthered the engagement and got more people involved, “There’s definitely going to be a few people hating me when I get back.”

     Day 3 was definitely low key.  Feeling a bit tired and down I went with Linda, Andie and Mark to walk around the park; got some good pics and relaxed, I was also introduced to Calippo’s and now I’m hooked.  That night, however, was polar opposite of the tame day we’d had.  The 4 of us cooked up an awesome dinner, “By the 4 of us I mean Linda and Andie, thanks ladies.”  I provided the wine, of which half ended up on Mark and I.  So a pool table, internet and a vending machine full of 1 euro beer is what led to a night of drunken craziness and one super pissed off Angry Spanish Guard (ASG).  I call this, “The Amazing Evasion”… stayed tuned, that’s next.

     Madrid was definitely another memorable stop, not so much because of what it had to offer, rather the people I spent those 3 days with.  Some good meals, entertainment, drunken adventures, new friends… a couple late night chats and the hardest good bye… nothing to hold onto but a bit of hope, but sometimes that's all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment