Follow me

Follow Us

Tuesday 21 July 2009

San Sabastian

       So the entire backpack adventure was based around being here for the Running of the Bulls… but that’s a whole other story, hahaha I’ll keep you waiting, for now: San Sabastian.  It was a bit shit that once we got there everyone was scattered all over the town in different hostels.  Oh well, I stayed at Olga’s where I met John from Milwaukee and Anastasia from Stockholm. 
That night was another relaxed one considering the day I just had, plus we had to rest for Pamplona…………………………… So we get back from our crazy Pamplona experience and crash.  That night was low key as well; Anastasia and I made some dinner and watched a tribute to Michael Jackson and Sweet Home Alabama, very random. 
         
       So far we’d had very poor weather, which was really disappointing since San Sab has some of the best beaches in Spain, and definitely the best I’ve seen yet.  This day started the same.  Meh, Anastasia and I walked around Old Town for a bit, “ F’ing impossible to find the Spain patches anywhere, it makes no sense, I don’t know what kind of souvenir shops they’re running… but they suck.”  After that we made the hike up the hill to the Jesus statue.  This hike was nothing compared to Cinque Terre, (I don’t think anything can compare to that) but still offered an awesome view of the city.  Of course while we’re up there the sun finally makes an appearance after 3 days and we’re at the furthest possible spot from the beach.  We made our way back to the hostel and hit the beach as quickly as we could.  But once we get there the sun decides to play hide and seek behind the clouds, “Whatever, we’re beachin’ it.”  And I still managed to get burnt.  As for the beach I have one thing to say, “I love waves.”  That night we all met up for Mark’s birthday and it got messy, however I stayed reasonable… I had no choice, I only had 30 euro to get me home.
         
        Now I know some of the stupid things I’ve gotten myself into and bizarre things that have happened to me may seem a bit far-fetched but I assure you every word I’ve written is true… including this.  I get back to my hostel and walk into my room to find all the beds are taken, guess who’s in my bed………………………………………   ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… some random fat naked dude.  One of the girls in my room brought him back, and both girls were quite attractive.  So either he’s a really smooth sweet talker or he gave them a roofie-colada because he was an ugly MoFo.  Anyway, I have a random fat naked dude passed out in my bed.  I get the security guard and he tries to get the guy out of the bed but fails, “Not that it makes a difference, you really think I’m gonna sleep in the bed after that.”  I finally convince him that I’m fine to sleep on the couch in the common room and solve it in the morning.
         
        A few hours later I wake up to people having breakfast, literally around me.  Good side to random fat naked guy, he just got me a free night at the hostel.  It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be though.  I had to argue with them and explain in great detail why they had to refund my money… security of this place = very poor.  But, now I’ve just doubled the funds to 60 euro haha.  After that debacle I took a nap, “Oh yeah, you think they’d change the sheets but I had to whinge about that as well.”  Later I met up with Nikki, Beck, Mark and Michael to hit the beach, “This was finally the weather I’d been looking for in San Sab”  Oh yeah, and I did mention I love waves, I could swim in them all day.
        
        Ran into Anastasia later at the hostel and we all met back at Mark’s hostel for drinks since this was my last day of vacay (the next 3 would be spent finding my way to the True North Strong and Free).  That night got messy, ended late and there was no one in my bed when I got back… bonus.  However, I didn’t sleep much since I was paranoid of missing the bus.  But couple of the girls did lol.  Well that’s that, back on the big blue bus to Paris.


Other Great Moments:
       A girl runs out of Zibibo’s and projectiles.  Mark and I kill ourselves laughing as people walk through and slip in it hehehe.  We even helped the cause by calling/waving to people to distract them so they’d walk through it.  This really pissed off a group of Spanish dudes lol.  Then when we weren’t even paying attention a girl slipped and ass landed in it, what made it great though was that she was the friend of the puker… what a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment